Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Winning Your Battles"

Thinking isn't easy--it isn't even possible, when you're being beat.  It's happened to me, and it's happened to everyone.  Bruce Lee once said, "To be honest, I don't think there's anyone in the world who can beat me."  Do you think he was undefeated his whole life?

Now, as a man who has trained to fight professionally in M.M.A (mixed martial arts), this is something I can really sink my teeth into... 

I'll give you a hint: The answer is not, "Yes, Bruce Lee was never a little kid who other boys twice his age could have beaten."  I got my head covered with knots, when I was about four, by a boy who was only 2-3 years older than me, and he didn't do it just once... 

I always say, "I tossed and turned all night, because I couldn't find a spot that didn't have a knot on it to sleep."  If that makes you cringe...  Relax: I've seen guys get beaten way worse...  --It was a sad state of affairs, and I'm sorry I was a boy, then, and couldn't do anything about it. 

And, yes, when you are 'beat', saying you are 'beaten', may sound like it isn't the same thing?--But, beaten is just the past-tense, of that word.  It's a step, and you actually can get beaten WHEN YOU MAKE THE TRANSITION IN TERMINOLOGY, from saying "beat," to saying "beaten!"  Obviously, that is hard to believe.  For one thing, people often question it...  Another thing is, look how slight it is!  Also, it's a mental decision!  How does this occur?! 

We could all figure this problem/question out, but what is happening?  We are being attacked... We will be beaten, for those of us who cannot think of the answer.  Of course, congratulations to the ones who did figure the answer!  --They won their fight. 

I claim we are being attacked when we have a problem/question that we can not think of the answer to.  The triviality of that claim, is in, "What way are we being attacked?"  You guys have to win your battles!  The answer/solution to that question, is that we are being distracted.

"Whaaa!!!  How can you fight distractions?!  They could be an asteroid, or something!"  Yes, they could.  For an asteroid, I will grant you a waiver on that fight.  Better luck next time.  My advice: an asteroid falling toward you is a good conversation-piece; why don't you just change the subject to that, and then return to working on your problem?

For a distraction to effect us... It has to be good.  There is "making excuses," and there is rationality.  Past that point, if a person is making excuses, then you pick who you hang around; and if you enjoy them, they're certainly honest.  So, my point is, if I experience a person who claims to merely not be able to understand?  --I won't understand them; I believe it's a lie. 

To round up my point, being distracted, is to be beat, in a fight of all things.  The solution, my good friends, leads me exactly to my point:  How do we win our battles?

... The counter to an attack, is to fight!

If you believe that, then I hope you enjoy being undefeated--never beat again, for the rest of your life.  If you don't believe it, then you should try to understand; and your difficulty in doing so, in my opinion, is of course stemming from an attack against you.  So, try out the theory.  Let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment